Oh, the fun. After a few fails, I managed to print out several C-shaped clamps in carbon fiber—infused PLA, finally getting the temperature right. I then spent several more hours in Autodesk Fusion 360 to further tweak/finalize the bottom of the chassis for the Raspberry Pi 3 supercomputer and sent that off for a 56-hour print job. Whoa.
Four of these clamps then were employed during last night’s printout while it was still going.
Unfortunately, the pause feature that I’d asked for in the slicing software went rogue upon resume and tried to bury the extruder into the plastic, forcing me to abort at 4am this morning. <_<
At least there’s much less part curling at the base versus last time. So I think I’ll redesign the clamps to have an even lower top profile and clamp right after the first four layers of the raft are down.